Thursday 17 May 2012

400 miles of trees.

I write this post from the back of our tour van travelling on our long journey up to Montreal. Unfortunately I had wrongly assumed that the views on the drive up would be particularly spectacular or memorable; so far we have had a view of near enough just trees. It's going quickly though and the weather is beautiful so every pit-stop we take is, for me at least, spent basking in the sun.
We had our first gig yesterday at Ollie's point in Long Island and it certainly kicked off the tour with a bang. The crowd was 350 strong and cheered us through the set as we shook off the travel cobwebs and found our rhythm.
I keep forgetting to mention one of life's little amusing quirks that you should look out for next time you're in a hotel or building with a lift. I'm not sure if it was because of the style of lift doors in our hotel or if it has taken time to notice this quirk but if you are somewhere like the 8th floor, at the right time, you can hear fleeting sound-bites of conversations as they quickly appear and almost instantly, disappear. I've heard all sorts, from laughter, arguments and business discussions whilst waiting for my lift and I find each one as exciting as the last. Let me know if you've noticed this or if you have since found a suitable 'listening observatory'...

1 comment: