Saturday 28 January 2012

NYC + Viper Room

I'm currently updating from somewhere up above the Nevada desert as we fly towards New York City. I'm somehow performing this task after a one hour sleep last night due to a slight bit of excess after our gig at The Viper Room. The gig was great, probably the best so far for me, which is lucky considering I was informed of Ringo's, Iggy Pop's and Joe Walsh's presence after we finished the show. I can maybe accredit my good mood also to the fact that we were able to spend the morning on Santa Monica beach.
Right now I can't get over the landscape below me and feel fortunate to be able to take in the breadth of America on a clear day. Whether it's the novelty of touring or not I can't tell but I feel more so than ever that I need to spend some serious time out here (let's hope for more US dates after letterman!).
Finally I give a shout out to some people who took me up to look over LA from under the Hollywood sign at 4am in the morning. I hope to see you soon...

5 comments:

  1. Tell Iggy he still owes me a fiver ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I didn't get to meet any of them unfortunately. What's the story with the fiver?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on Letterman... I will be watching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw some videos at the Viper Room. It seems that you had fun there !
    Good luck for next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tobias, it seems you guys saw some of the best that Southern California has to offer by visiting the beaches, and it’s nightclubs. I enjoyed your band and chatting with you guys after the show at the Viper Room as you were loading up the van. I’m the one related to Phil, his son to be precise. Anyway, again thanks for the great music, it was a pleasure to see you guys perform, I’ll catch you guys on David Letterman.

    ReplyDelete